Untangling APIs: Addressing Sprawl and Securing Your Modern Digital Ecosystem
September 25, 2023 at 7:00:00 p.m.
As organizations increasingly adopt hybrid architectures and microservices, the number of APIs utilized within their ecosystems continues to grow at an exponential rate. This
phenomenon, known as API sprawl, poses significant challenges in terms of security, governance, and efficiency. But of them all, API security might require the most urgent response.
For organizations trying to secure their APIs, multi-cloud complexity and difficulty enforcing consistent security top the list of challenges according to F5’s State of Application
Strategy Report (2023). To address the security challenges of API sprawl, organizations need to adopt a more holistic app and API security strategy for their organization including components that deliver runtime protection, posture management, and help integrate security and code testing earlier in the software development lifecycle.
Join this session to hear from Peter Scheffler, Sr. Solutions Architect at F5 and learn:
· What makes APIs such a target
· What makes protecting APIs so difficult
· Elements of a good API security practices
· How to augment existing app security infrastructure to protect APIs
· Capabilities organizations should be considering for comprehensive API security
· The role of AI/ML in API security today